Skip to content
- The death toll from patients who had tested positive for Covid-19 in the UK has risen by 917 in the last 24 hours, with a total of 9,875 now dying after contracting the virus.
- The number of confirmed cases in the UK stands at 78,991, an increase of 5,233 since figures were reported yesterday.
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson is making “very good progress” as he continues his recovery from coronavirus, according to No 10.
- The government has urged the public not to break social distancing measures this weekend as temperatures soar across the country.
- Many doctors do not have the personal protective equipment they need to treat coronavirus patients, according to the British Medical Association.
- BBC drama Holby City has donated ventilators from its set to the new NHS Nightingale hospital in London.
- Matt Hancock has announced that 19 NHS workers have died after contracting Covid-19 in the UK.
- The World Health Organization has warned that lifting lockdown restrictions early could result in a “deadly resurgence” of the coronavirus.