Here are today’s updates regarding the Covid-19 pandemic in the UK and around the world.
- The number of people who are known to have died after testing positive for Covid-19 in the UK as of today is 20,732, a rise of 413 within the last 24 hours.
- The total number of people who have tested positive for Covid-19 in Britain now stands at 152,840.
- Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said it is “not responsible” to start speculating about how the government will lift the lockdown.
- Boris Johnson is to return to work tomorrow after recovering from coronavirus following a stay in hospital.
- The military in the UK are to use mobile coronavirus testing units to reach key workers in more remote areas of the country.
- Shop staff and other essential workers should be given face masks to halt the spread of Covid-19, according to the British Medical Association.
- Crime in Scotland has fallen by 25% during the coronavirus lockdown, according to Police Scotland.
- The Chelsea Flower Show will be held virtually for the first time after the live event was cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.